Popular Posts

Thursday, 3 September 2026

Pressed down

 

‘Are you at home?’ came the text. Yes, I replied.

Within an hour, my dear friend popped in with a lasagna. She knows what it is to be jet-lagged, worn out with the activities that follow the death of a dear loved one, and still slogging through some of the admin.

As I sat in my prayer window this morning for the first time in several weeks, I did my usual routine and then just waited. The Lord reminded me of Elisha under the broom tree, so exhausted, so spent. The angel came and fed him, twice, so that he was re-energised (and then he ran for forty days!)

I don’t intend such a marathon, but I am so encouraged to know that as I feel rather depleted, the Lord sees me under my broom tree and is sending his angels to feed and refresh me in many ways.

Bible study friends will arrive soon. More refreshment. Thank you, Lord. Pressed down and overflowing is your grace and mercy to me. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment