So. Older but maybe not much wiser.
I’m in a kind of holding pattern, having put into train lots
of things that can’t be completed until the death certificates come. Awaiting
the arrival of the first of my dear family, Don, who flies in tomorrow
afternoon. Yay!!
So a long walk at Redondo again yesterday, but stupidly I
went out in the midday sun. I caught a little too much. I’ll wait til later in
the afternoon today, and maybe wear a long sleeved shirt despite the temp. Maybe
a little wiser.
I have a form to fill in, a long form to be mailed or delivered
once the death certificates arrive. But it’s confusing, demanding proofs of
things and I kind of feel defeated by it.
Trying to distract myself reading. Picked up Tolkien’s The
Fellowship of the Ring at Heathrow because I thought it’s a book I ought to
read. I am plowing through it, still seeing it as a book I ought to read. I
doubt that I read any more in the series. It’s just not my thing.
So now, I pray that God helps me to bring his wisdom to bear
on this form I’m struggling with, and that all the steps I need to take while I
am here for another week, I do take.
As James counsels, for any who lack wisdom, we only need ask
God and not doubt that he answers that prayer. I’ve asked. So here I go.
Have a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment