Popular Posts

Thursday 2 May 2024

Purrfect

 

It’s 9 pm as I sit in the conservatory, in the gloaming. I love this time of year.

Indy, disappointed that the laptop already occupied her preferred evening napping place, has found a soft spot on top of the seat back, and is purring contentedly in my ear.

There is so much trouble and strife in this world, so much environmental degradation and anxiety, so much political confusion: it is good to declare that the earth is the Lord’s and everything in it. It is good to proclaim that God loves the world so much that he sent his only son, Jesus, to redeem the sins of the whole world. It is good to know, deep in my heart, that Jesus will never leave nor forsake me, that he is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, and that one day he will be back and we will see his face as we live with him in his world which he will put right.

I just need to bring those desperate needs which are on my heart to Jesus, and leave them at the throne of grace. And receive his peace, which is beyond understanding.

I can feel a purr rising up in my throat already.  

No comments:

Post a Comment