Popular Posts

Monday 12 August 2024

Another day in paradise...

 

Our final few days here, and suddenly I’ve got some admin details to do for Mom, things which challenge me and make me anxious.

What can I do? Don asked.

God has blessed me with a true help-mate, always there beside me, always ready to roll up his sleeves and get stuck into whatever it is – old papers to read through, figures to get into an Excel spreadsheet, emails to write.

I am so grateful to God for blessing me with a wonderful husband, for nearly 49 years.

Today we are driving out to Chino, a long, traffic-filled drive into the hot hinterland, to lunch with my oldest friend, whom I’ve known since we were 8. I will disengage from the nitty gritty of taxes and admin and enjoy this day, the day the Lord has made.

Another day in paradise, my dad used to say every morning. So true. Wherever we live, when we live in love, it’s another day in paradise.

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment