Popular Posts

Tuesday 20 August 2024

Clean Vessels

 

As summer draws itself to a close, way too early, I am sorting things in the greenhouse, dragging half-full bags of potting compost out of the doorway, hanging tools and stacking plastic pots. Pots and pots and more plastic pots.

There are stores which recycle plastic pots. I just need to wash them, which I am about to do.

Jesus talked about pots. He warned about cleaning the outside only, while inside allowing all sorts of germs to fester and multiply.

He calls for us to live with integrity, clean inside and out. Lord, I bring to you today the dark corners of my heart, my mind, and trust you to cleanse me so that I may be a vessel of life-giving water to any who need. As I wash my way through my stack of dirty pots, may my thoughts and aspirations be cleansed, through the sacrifice of Jesus.

Restore us, your church, so that we may all be vessels of your life-giving water in this thirsty, weary world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment