Popular Posts

Tuesday 27 August 2024

Out of the boat!

 

Step out of your comfort zone. Good advice, but oh, how the human heart often yearns to sink back into that safe space where things are familiar and no hard decisions or actions are required.

I am reminded, especially in decisions regarding my mother, that it is in stepping out of my comfort zone that I am enabled to more fully ‘trust in the Lord with all my heart’. Medical and financial decisions are not my forte, and so I am very aware that in making them for her, I do so prayerfully.

Life feels like being in a boat rocking on the rising waves of an approaching storm. Global events are disturbing, often shocking and upsetting. Local situations can also be alarming. Jesus doesn’t advise that we hang on tight in our own spaces, batten down the hatches, and stay safe. Instead, he invites us to step out of the boat and know the exhilaration of walking on the water – turbulent though it may be – with him.

May I live in anticipation of what he will do as I trust in him with all my heart, and don’t lean on my own understanding, which is so myopic and clouded. Today, in whatever I do, may I do it with my eyes firmly fixed on Jesus, who enables me to do much more than I can even imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment