Popular Posts

Tuesday 5 February 2013

We Know



‘...and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him...’

I have a family situation developing which is heart-breaking and will probably require intervention at some point. I was awake in the night thinking about it. (I guess that’s called worrying!) I love this person dearly and absolutely want to do the best I can for her, and I am afraid that I won’t be up to it, for various reasons. 

The main reason is that I live in a different country now, six thousand miles away, which is challenging. There’s only so much you can do by phone. 

Feeling anxious and fearful, I looked up our Bible reading for today. Romans 8:26-39. It reduced me to tears and left me squeaking through it as I read it out. 

In all things God works for the good of those who love him.

All things. 

God is working in this thing which we face. 

‘The Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.’ 

‘If God is for us, who can be against us?’

‘Christ Jesus...at the right hand of God ... is also interceding for us.’ 

How do people do it without knowing the love of God?

No comments:

Post a Comment