Popular Posts

Sunday 3 May 2015

Spikes

Not much time for blogging recently, but my attention was drawn to the spikes on the timeline of how many people check out the blog from one hour to the next.
I made the immediate jump to last Monday as I stood by my Aunt Bev's unconscious body in a hospital in Madison. A beeper recorded every beat of her failing heart and a lot else which I didn't understand.
Spikes. Trends. Measuring a life, a heartbeat. Measuring the number of hits to this blog.
Being measured. I only really feel measured, judged, when doing a test, or competing with someone else.
My aunt's heart was being measured as she fought for life. My blog activity is being measured to try to inspire me to write more, network more, be more clever in the topics I choose or the key words I link to it.
What I don't often think about is how my life is being measured. Is it dipping right now, as I miss opportunities to help someone, to speak a word of encouragement, to offer some money or advice, to go out of my way, to swallow my fear and speak out about the love of Jesus? Or have i said or done something today which initiates a spike?
Inspired by the Word of God, empowered by the Spirit of God, called out by the voice of God, I intend to keep on going without thinking about whether or not I am trending on anything in heaven.
Just want my spiritual heart to keep beating out a rhythm of love which embraces everyone I meet today.
That will do me. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment