Popular Posts

Tuesday 12 November 2013

A Warm Welcome




So, that’s settled, then.

Spoke to the housekeeper of the big lodge we’re all renting for the wedding weekend, to arrange a time for her to meet us and show us the ropes. Instead, she gave me details of how to find the key and let ourselves in.

So much for a warm welcome, which the FAQ sheet promised. Instead, I was to be grappling in the dark for a key on a nail, hoping it would work in the lock because this housekeeper does not have a mobile phone and would be out cleaning somewhere else over dinner time. 

As I considered the possibilities of disaster with this plan, I shot off an email and got it changed, so that now she will be meeting us, having the house cosy and warm and being able to show us where everything is.

I am so relieved. 

It reminds me of Jesus’ promise that he will come and meet us, when we pass through the curtain into eternity, and take us there himself. We don’t have to fumble in the dark for the right key. He is the key. He is the door.

And I didn’t even have to email him. All I have to do is know he is my saviour and Lord, that he is, in fact, God.

Wow. I really am relieved about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment