Popular Posts

Thursday 28 November 2013

The God of Hope



“May the God of hope fill you with all peace and joy as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

Yesterday I had an hour or two of fun with Mhairi setting up a Twitter account. She had encouraged me to go for it, despite my reluctance, and then illustrated how it might help me connect with other like-minded people to share ideas.

We laughed a lot doing it and looked forward to a gentle competition between us as to who would gain the most followers.

This morning I logged on and was shocked to see that my account has been suspended! Although I’ve only tweeted once and not committed any of the infractions on their rule sheet, something has caused Twitter to treat me as if I have ‘sinned’ against them.

I feel tarnished somehow, almost guilty. Silly of course, but I guess it’s the way the world often makes one feel. Rejected. Unworthy. Bad.

That’s something I just love about Jesus. His lavish love. His unqualified forgiveness. His washing away of my sins and giving me a clean bill of health. His never making me feel guilty, because he took my guilt on himself.

What a wonderful Lord we have. May the God of hope fill your day with encouragement, laughter and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment