Popular Posts

Monday 16 March 2015

Alive!



I am alive. It is a reason to celebrate. I breathe in, deep, slow, wide, and exhale. I smile; I laugh; I read; I write on my computer: so many reasons in those activities for gratitude and celebration. I can choose to smile. I have a voice to speak with, to laugh with. I have eyes to read and the education to know how. I have the money to own a computer and the time to sit at it and write. I know how to type fast. I have internet access and can find out all sorts of interesting things whenever I want to.

Count your many blessings, count them one by one: an old hymn with much truth in it. As I go through my blessings, any complaints begin to shrivel, deprived of oxygen. As I raise my voice to praise God for his grace and goodness towards me, I rise and my problems shrink. Focused on God my creator and saviour, worries begin to fade. The greater the focus, the faster the fade. 

Jesus. Immanuel. God with us. God with us. Chew that over for awhile and you can’t help but marvel. I mean, how did I get to be in God’s presence? I don’t deserve it. I so don’t deserve it. Yet he has poured his life into me through the power of the Holy Spirit. Poured his life into me. 

He empowers me to be all that I can be in Jesus. 

I am born again; my spirit is on fire for my Lord and King. How could any other response be possible to the amazing love I have been shown?

No comments:

Post a Comment