Popular Posts

Wednesday 27 June 2018

Scorcher in Scotland


Another scorcher in Scotland! YES!

I was out early this morning, watering strawberries and rasps, roses and flower pots. It was a precious point of reconnection with my childhood, where hot summers always necessitated early morning watering. The sound of the spray on the leaves, the steady drip from the inevitably leaky hose, the scent and feel of water in the warm air. Summer.

The drooping plants, now revived, have lifted their heads to the warmth of the sun now beaming down on them. They have what they need to bloom and fruit, to bring joy right where they are.

Coincidentally (hah!), my reading was Ezekiel 37, the valley of dry bones. Dry bones, which needed not water but breath, the breath of God, to revive them. Every day, I so need that early morning breath to inspire and revive me.

Head up now, face towards God, breathing in his Spirit, I am ready to face the dentist.


No comments:

Post a Comment