Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Eternal Peace


Great weather is a great distraction, in every sense of that. With weeks of sunshine sans showers, our grass is brown and most of our usually-overgrown flower beds are weed-free. A new playhouse has been constructed and stands proudly in the corner of the garden having been inaugurated by happy grandchildren last week. We’ve been working hard in the sun but having fun in it too.

Meanwhile, more sedentary work has been ignored. Today, with a grey sky overhead and cooler temps, I plan to shift my attention, but feel slightly panicky that there is so much to do. Where do I begin? There is even more to do than I thought.

Jesus went to the cross focused on ‘the joy set before him’, not the pain of the cross. Not that I am facing a cross, but I pray that my focus today is on God, and that my perspective is eternal and not imminent.

Peace. Eternal peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment