Popular Posts

Tuesday 31 July 2018

Nuts and Bolts


The new go-kart has proven popular with the grandchildren – even those who can’t yet reach the pedals – and the children of friends who are visiting. After some left last week, Don noticed a bolt and washer were missing from the steering mechanism, and the ‘nose’ had been scuffed. The first scratches are always the worst.

We needed to find the missing bolt. As I walked down the drive to collect the recycling barrel, I noticed something glinting in the sun. A tiny brass washer. No sign of a black plastic bolt nearby, but Don confirmed this washer was the missing one. So, after spending more time picking more cherries, I took a stroll down the drive again, this time actively engaging the help of God, who knows where everything is. I knew he could guide me to where the missing bolt might lay and sure enough, I saw it lying beneath the overhanging branches of a dog rose. I didn’t hear a voice; I didn’t feel anything supernatural, but I was somehow really aware that my helper was with me and guiding me.

I will never leave you, Jesus promised his disciples. He told the tale of the woman who lost a coin in her house and didn’t stop looking until it was found. He is a loving Lord who wants to find the lost. A plastic bolt doesn’t look like much, but in the long run it might greatly affect the operation of this toy. God knows the potential of every individual and sees the possibilities. With his help, we can partner with him to find and restore the lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment