Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Feeding time


How do they know?

The bird feeders hung empty. The driveway was devoid of breadcrumbs, too. I filled them, hung them, scattered breadcrumbs (not from my homemade bread…) and hey, presto! Within a minute the place was jumpin’ with feathered friends tucking into breakfast.

How did the word get out so quickly? Were they all hunkered down nearby, hungrily hoping I might show up and quick to respond when I did? Were they nearly despairing, knowing there was every chance I just might not show up with nuts and seeds? Is there a birdsong frequency I just can’t hear, that put out the call: Food’s up!

I have just come out of the prayer window. God never leaves the spiritual feeders hanging empty. There’s a feast if I take the time with him. There are always crumbs scattered through the day, too, and I can enjoy him if my spiritual antennae are out. He is a faithful God, who never lets us down.

No comments:

Post a Comment