Popular Posts

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Freedom


Faced with a blank piece of virtual paper, I am free to choose the words I want to use. I am free to put them in whatever order I want, to convey pretty much whatever idea I have, or what story I want to tell, without fear of reprisals.

We have been made in the image of God, the God who made the heavens and earth, the great creator. We are by default creative beings. Some regimes stifle creativity by dictating the ideas one is allowed to express. But by default, we are creative, and God is in control, the great inspiration.

The truth will out, despite all efforts to suppress it.

As for me, I feel almost tongue-tied, inadequate, and yet compelled to string words together to encourage and inspire and create. Living in a free country, it feels like a responsibility as well as a joy. I do not take our freedom for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment