Popular Posts

Thursday 4 November 2021

A Dappled World

 

Dappled landscapes dominate in the fall. As I braved the biting wind to hang out the wash in the weakened sunshine, I scuffed through a carpet of autumnal colours. As I look out my bedroom window, my spirit rises with the beauty of the red acer, whose glorious foliage is now thinning in the autumn winds, carpeting the vegetable patch in rubies.

The sun is out today, playing through the thinning leaves of the trees, dancing on the variegated shades on the grass.

I continue to pray for COP26 and the outcome of discussions which will determine the course of climate change. No doubt the results will be dappled; there are already signs of breakthrough amongst brushstrokes of failure to commit to the hard decisions and self-sacrifice necessary to effect change.

Light and dark. The world is a canvas of dappled beauty. But we know that the Light has come into the world, and the darkness cannot overcome it. Light of the world, enlighten our hearts and minds today so that we all live in the light, spreading hope and kindness wherever we go. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment