Popular Posts

Monday, 21 September 2026

Redeem the Moments

 

This is one of those weeks I don’t want to waste. Well, I never want to squander time, but it’s rare to get a stretch of days where plans are dropped and I have complete freedom in choosing how to spend them: such a rare gift, I want to use it well.

I am back in Palos Verdes, in a week I had arranged for spending time with Mom, doing whatever needed doing and sitting with her for as long as I could. Instead, on Saturday I spent time at her graveside with Mhairi, grieving, chatting, praying, standing in silence, trying to take it in. Of course, at her grand age we knew it was coming, but still, it’s hard to lose someone you love.

I brought a writing project with me, and my laptop, and hope to gather my scattered thoughts into some coherent thinking and hopefully good writing. The week will be broken up with lunches with old friends, an exercise class with my cousin’s wife, and a trip to the Salvation Army. And then Mhairi and I will embark on our road trip north.

Unless a seed falls into the ground and dies, it can’t produce anything. Lord, as I live into this new reality, may the beautiful seed of Mom’s life flourish through whatever I may write today, so that You will be glorified.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment