Popular Posts

Wednesday, 16 September 2026

Tactile

 

Tactile. I find it helpful to have something in my hands sometimes when I pray. An olive wood cross or praying hands. The beads I wrote of yesterday.

So this morning I was looking at the copper wire holding the disparate beads together. Jesus is that golden thread that holds us together in love. It is so comforting to know that his life flows through each of us and that life is the power that unites us.

This is the crux of the gospel. God is all about relationships. And in his wisdom he created us all so different, that keeping relationships can be challenging at times. Keeping the unity: held together with divine love.

My prayer is for the church universal. If there are such uncomfortable differences within families at times, how much more are there jarring relationships within the church. We latch on to one interpretation or another and begin to think that we have it right so others must be wrong.

Lord Jesus, humble your church and bring us all to recognize that as convinced as we are that we are the ones on the right path with you, we are not infallible. Only you are, Lord. Give us the grace to admit our limitations, the love to share our understanding with conviction and with open ears, and the wisdom to focus our eyes on you and you alone.

May we be a voice for peace, for reconciliation, for hospitality and mercy and grace, in your name, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment