Popular Posts

Wednesday 5 June 2024

Not enough?

 

‘There’s a young boy here with five barley loaves and two fish. But what good is that with this huge crowd?’  ‘Tell everyone to sit down,’ Jesus said.

Inadequate. It seemed risible; laughably inadequate. Five loaves and two fish, to feed five thousand men, plus the women and children? Ridiculous. But in Jesus’ hands, it was not just enough: there were twelve baskets of left-overs.

Playing cello with the praise band on Sunday, and I am so out of practice. Giving my testimony at the start of service, and I feel a colourless story-teller. Planning my mother’s 100th birthday party, and it is just not my strong point. Making a tech decision with Google storage, and I don’t understand if there are implications. Rewriting Bible study notes in line with an editor’s comments, and lacking confidence.

Those are the five loaves and two fish I’m bringing to Jesus today. With you, Lord, all things are possible. Multiply my meagre efforts and bring nourishment through my words and plans. Over to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment