Popular Posts

Saturday 8 June 2024

Wind and Rain

 

 We woke to a clear blue sky at 6 am. By 9, the wind had risen, and a phalanx of white and grey clouds paraded across the skies. Odd drops of rain slipped out now and then. I hung out the wash anyway, reasoning that if the rain was light, the wind was strong enough to drive the moisture out of the sheets.

Time will tell.

It always amazes me how quickly my mood and thinking can be overcast by events or comments. Whatever negatives drop on me today, Lord, may the wind of your Spirit set me free from the despair abroad in the world just now. May I rejoice in the sure assurance that whatever things look like, you are Lord, and your plans will not be thwarted.

‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans to give you hope and a future.’ Apparently, these are the most frequently googled scriptures these days.

May those of us who are assured of your goodness and grace and mercy carry hope and joy into our days today.

No comments:

Post a Comment