Popular Posts

Monday 17 June 2024

The Lost Violin

 

Unlike the coin, the sheep and the son, the lost violin has not been found. May God bless whoever has it: may that instrument be singing its soul out as the new owner plays it. May it not be languishing forgotten in a corner or a closet as it was for so many years here, holding a place of sentimentality in my heart but having no opportunity to be what it was created to be.

It is tempting to hold things sacred, putting them in display cabinets or on pedestals or in safe places, and denying them opportunity to be used for what they were created for. Lord, help me to see things for what they are, enjoy them or pass them on so that in someone else’s hands, they can flourish.

Do I have any precious gifts from God which I have tucked away in a safe place in my heart or my mind or my spirit, denying them opportunity to sing his glories? Do you? May God reveal any such gifts and provide opportunities for them to be used, for his glory.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment