Popular Posts

Monday 3 June 2024

Out of Memory!

 

An alarming red banner stretched across the top of the page of emails. ‘You’ve used 127% of your memory. Make more space or buy more memory or you won’t be able to access pretty much anything.’

We beavered away, both of us alarmed and agitated, sending umpteen videos and WhatsApps and pictures to the bin, which we struggled to find in order to empty. It didn’t remove the warning on one of our accounts. We bought more space, and now have been invited to join accounts as a family. Are there negative implications to that? Hesitating…

The most incomprehensible part of this current wrestle with tech that is outsmarting us, is obvious: how can you use 127% of your memory?

There are days when I feel like I’ve done that. I wish I knew how to make more space, or even buy more memory!!

‘The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.’

Jesus is always enough. He spoke those encouraging words  into my homesick heart forty-five years  ago, and I’ve found them to be true. Even if I’ve used 127% of my memory, he will give me more space, or carry me through the days. I can always access him.

So grateful ours is not a high-tech God, but a true-love one!

No comments:

Post a Comment