Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 September 2024

Not a breath of wind...

 

Not a breath of wind. Even the uppermost branches of the giant larch tree are barely moving. Peace prevails. A warming sun beams down from above; wispy white clouds stretch languorously across the heavens.

God is in control. All is well.

Global currents are chaotic, stormy and wild; distress and pain are everywhere.

I lift my eyes to the hills. My help comes from God, and when I lift my eyes to the hills, I am reminded of our loving creator. I am reminded that Jesus spread wide his arms to embrace the world he created, the people he loves. I am reminded that I am never alone, never forgotten, by the one who holds the world in his hands. I am reminded that with God, nothing is impossible, and that he always keeps his promises.

He will come again. He will make all things new. He will restore sanity and bring peace on earth, and goodwill between men and women.

It is good to pause. To gaze. To ponder and to wait. It is good to take time out from the chaos of to-do lists and shoulds and oughts. To step aside, be still, and know that He is God.

God is in control. All is well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment