Popular Posts

Friday 6 September 2024

Sticky Beauty

 

Low cloud cover blankets our views and a dampness moistens the air. As I head out to meet my walking partner, I notice the proliferation of spider’s webs, their intricate patterns picked out with drops of dew as they sag like trampolines between the thorns and twigs of the gorse bushes. The once-invisible, deadly insect traps are revealed, enticingly beautiful.

Does this mean spiders will go hungry today? Or will less-savvy bugs (are any bugs savvy?) be attracted by the deceptive beauty and lured into the traps of sticky silk?

May the Lord reveal to me, today, any hidden traps into which I might fall accidentally, or be attracted to because of their outward beauty.

Thank you, Lord, that underneath us all are the everlasting arms, ready to catch us when we fall – catch us not into a trap of terror, but into an embrace of sacrificial love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment