Popular Posts

Sunday 13 October 2024

Halloween Part 2

 

Still a bit haunted by Halloween.

It’s easy to see the plastic skeletons posed all over people’s lawns and porches, and wonder what the homeowners are thinking of. But I just read 1 Cor 10:12-13, ’So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!’

It made me wonder what skeletons lurk on the lawns and porches of my thoughts?

I may not be scared (any more) by plastic skeletons, but plenty of things invoke fear. This whole situation with Mom is fraught with fears of various kinds: finance and the future are the main ones. But fear is the denial of faith, and so once again I come to God for assurance that He is in control, and all will be well, all manner of things will be well.

Jesus, for the joy set before him, could face and see beyond the cross. Lord, bless Mom with vision to see beyond the cross she is bearing right now. May she move from the overwhelming helplessness and pain into a place of anticipation of all that’s coming, beyond the cross. May I, too, occupy that place of peace and joy, anticipating the great things Jesus has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment