Popular Posts

Thursday 10 October 2024

The Divine Signature

 

“Am I in a situation not of my own choosing?”

This question was posed in today’s Lectio on Jeremiah 29:1, 4-9.

“Am I resentful? What if God wants me here?”

I am praising God for seeing me and revealing to me more clearly what my attitude and response should be. I am a captive in this situation not out of duty, but out of choice, because of my deep love for my amazing mother. But more than that, I am a captive in this situation because God wants me in it. And the situation will last as long as he has purpose in it.

I can entrust him with the rising financial obligations that come with increased care needs. I can hold before the throne of grace all the staff who work hard and with kindness for low salaries. I can petition against a capitalist attitude in the organization’s management, which sees a care home as a business, not a service.

And I can pray for dear Mom, who is certainly in a situation not of her choosing. That even in her limited understanding, she would be content and at peace as she trusts in God.

Lord, remove any knots of resentment in Mom and me. Enable us to relax into your everlasting arms, pray with faith and hope, and look with eager expectation for your divine signature writ large across each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment