Popular Posts

Friday 11 October 2024

Out in Joy and Peace, I pray

 

“Am I in a situation not of my own choosing?”

This question was posed in yesterday’s Lectio on Jeremiah 29:1, 4-7.

“Am I resentful? What if God wants me here?”

This is not the same post as yesterday’s, when I was filled with such a sense of serenity and peace, strong to entrust God with the details of this hard situation.

Tonight I’m praying through a tough day, when the detail of life as Mom is experiencing it now was just hard. When confusion led to temper flares, and my patience was tested and faltered.

Then I came back and read through the verses a dear friend gave me this morning, from Isaiah 55:8-9:

‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord. ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’

Boy, rarely have those words rung so true!

But then comes the promise in verse 12:

‘For you shall go out in joy, and be led back in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall burst into song, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.’

Roll on that blessed day. Lead on, Lord Jesus.

And in the meantime, Lord, equip Mom, and equip me, to accept the situation you allow to continue. May we both ‘have power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.’ Ephesians 3:18-21

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment