Popular Posts

Sunday 13 October 2024

Skeletons in the Yards

 

On my regular walks down to the beach from the street I park on, I counted ten skeletons in the front yards. One or two are giants, towering over the average person, fixed in threatening poses. Plus three witches, gathered round a cauldron, and numerous spider webs. I’m glad I’m not with my grandchildren, who would be terrified.

It’s not a case for Rumpole (whose stories I’ve been enjoying while sitting beside Mom’s bed).

Halloween is coming, and in this Christian country it is amazing to see so many people happy to celebrate the dark side. To see it as just a bit of harmless fun.

We are all made up of such a mish-mash of ideas and thoughts, many of which are bland and tasteless, but others which can taint our spirits and twist our vision so our understanding is distorted and false.

On this Sunday morning, as I get ready to go celebrate Jesus as Saviour and Lord, I pray for clarity of thought and attitude. I lift Jesus higher.

In this scary season, may our fun be harmless and our joy be in the Lord, today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment