Popular Posts

Friday 2 November 2012

Pruning the Blooms




Just in from pruning the roses. I feel like I betrayed them, as I cut off so many buds and blooms. But my gardening guru neighbour Mary advised a few weeks back that I needed to bed the garden down for winter, which meant pruning even if they were in bloom. They will be stronger and more beautiful next year, she assured me.

I hope she’s right. I do enjoy the roses – their intoxicating fragrance and regal beauty.

I have been pruned too, this week. There was an issue that needed a solution, and when it came in Scripture I was reading, the pruning was all mine. I’d been too immersed in the situation to recognise that I should, and could, take the first step.

And while I’d expected that pruning to hurt, in fact it felt freeing, releasing. God gave me the grace to let it go and feel completely unencumbered by it. 

Now, maybe I’m ready to bed down for winter, and pray for glorious blooms when the season comes round again!

No comments:

Post a Comment