Popular Posts

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Racing against the Clock




My wise old dad used to counsel me to take time to smell the roses. Of course they’re not in bloom in Scotland in November (!), but metaphorically speaking I need to slow the rhythm of life to a less frenzied beat.

How often it seems that things converge and concertina into a short space of time. I’m in that squeeze box at the moment, working off an incomplete To Do list and just hoping not to forget one of those Essential Jobs. Like packing my passport and insurance documents.

Looking forward to a change of pace. Lingering over a cup of coffee (and a doughtnut?!) with Mom. Sitting in a chair and reading a book perhaps, rather than reading the odd few pages sleepily in bed. Enjoying some sunshine and warmer temps.

We shouldn’t live life under so much stress that we feel we need an eject button to get away every so often. I shouldn’t. But there’s so much that needs doing, and so much that I want to do. 

Grateful that we’ll have all eternity to finish some of the projects closest to our hearts. But for now, I’m praying for the wisdom to recognise what has my name on it, and what I can pass on or just let drop. 

Know what I mean?

And now I’d better get that suitcase open ...

No comments:

Post a Comment