Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Little Things



This afternoon I had the joy of colouring a picture with two-year-old Flick, playing shops with her and then burping her six-day-old wee brother Gregor. Does it get any better than this?

Even on a day of shocking political outcomes, I could enjoy the little things. Which, at the end of the day, are really the big things.

We are in God’s hands, no matter the rhetoric. To borrow the motto of a nation, ‘In God we Trust’: though it seems that many in the USA might substitute ‘the Republican party’ for ‘God’. I don’t believe the Spirit inhabits political parties; he inhabits hearts which love Jesus. God’s love in us is needed now more than ever, to help mend this hurting, fractured world.

Because at the end of the day, I want my grandchildren to be able to enjoy the little things in life, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment