Popular Posts

Tuesday 7 November 2017

Right on, Jenny



So, I understand it was pouring in the northeast this morning. I wasn’t here. I was in the dry west. Hmm. Something wrong with those statements: it’s usually the other way around.

I hammered up the motorway (within the speed limit...average speed cameras...) under dry, if cloudy skies. Tomorrow early I’ll be hammering back down the motorway. It’s what you do for children and grandchildren. All you can.

It’s a blessing to have family. It’s a blessing to be well enough to lend a hand when it’s needed. It’s a blessing to be invited to lend a hand. 

A lovely woman who has been a friend (not on FB but in real life) since we were 8 gave us an embroidered sampler for our wedding present, over forty years ago. ‘To love and be loved is the greatest joy on earth.’

Right on, Jenny.

Life is a blessing. Please excuse me if these blog posts seem rather rare and short these days. A lot going on. In a good way.

No comments:

Post a Comment