Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 September 2018

Smell the Coffee


Smell the Coffee

Dear friends came to visit us after they’d been in Rwanda for a month, so they brought us a bag of coffee. We so enjoyed our time seeing them again, and long after they have gone, I am reminded of them every time I make coffee. It is delicious coffee, with a mild, rich aroma and taste, and its fragrance makes me smile as I remember their cheerful smiles and the time we spent together.

Their presence lingers on in the smell of the coffee. Jesus’ presence lingers on in the words of the Bible. Reading about what he did and what he said fills my mind with the rich fragrance of his loving presence. His words draw me into his warm embrace where I can linger and sense his encouragement and peace.

May you sit back and enjoy the fragrance of Jesus today, either through his words in the Bible or through the lives of others who love him. May his fragrance draw you into his embrace, and overpower the foul, worldly smells rising all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment