Popular Posts

Monday 18 March 2019

Breathe

As I cleared through paperwork here at Mom's, I came across a copy of my Dad's death certificate. Reading the cause of death, COPD plus advanced rheumatoid arthritis, saddened me again. Though I am comforted knowing that his end was peaceful as he gradually stopped drawing breath, the words felt cold and harsh and clinical.

His lung capacity reduced so much that eventually there was no space left for the life giving breath. The softness of healthy lung tissue had hardened. He gradually could no longer breathe.

The Holy Spirit is the breath of God. I pray I will never suffer from spiritual COPD, where life has so hardened me that I no longer have capacity for the life giving Spirit. I pray that I might live close to God, thereby maintaining a spiritual vibrancy and health that need never die.

No comments:

Post a Comment