Popular Posts

Monday 27 May 2019

Hidden Beauties


Into the busyness of family visiting, Don brought me a bunch of gloriously bright flowers. He found a vase and popped them in. I’ve admired them as I’ve passed but life has been busy.

This morning I noticed there were gems hidden behind other, bigger blooms. The flowers are so tightly packed that some real beauties are going unnoticed.

One task this morning will be to get a second vase and split the bunch so that each flower is given space to reveal its beauty.

It’s so important to give others space, space to be seen for the beautiful attributes each of us has by the grace of God. A reticent child can live in the shadow of an exuberant sibling, talents unnoticed and unsung. A self-effacing church member can be overlooked, the church the poorer for missing out on unused gifts.

I only noticed what I was missing when I just sat down and looked at the bouquet. Today I will take more time to breathe, to reflect quietly, and to pray. I don’t want to overlook any hidden treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment