Popular Posts

Wednesday 29 May 2019

Cherish


Off to Cherish women’s conference in Leeds tomorrow early. When preparing to go away, I find it hard to get the balance between looking at what needs doing right now, with thinking ahead to what I need to do/take to Leeds. I’m dashing between the garden and bank forms and correspondence, baking bread for Don (in the bread-maker!) and thinking of what I’ll need at Cherish.

I like variety in my life. Nothing worse than rigid routine. But too much variety can make me feel like I’m fraying at the edges. Like I’m bound to forget something critical.

Commit your way to the Lord. He guides my steps, and nothing critical will be forgotten. Maybe some frivolous trivia will be left undone, left behind, but I trust him to remind me of the important things.

It’s maintaining the right perspective, isn’t it? In this case, it’s the happy anticipation of a few days away, worshipping God in the company of thousands of women, hearing inspiring messages and eating out!

No comments:

Post a Comment