Popular Posts

Friday 7 January 2022

Red Eye Special

 

Icy puddles did not stop my neighbour and I from setting off on our regular walks together. It was a glorious morning, though the cold was biting. As we neared home, I could feel a dry patch in one of my eyes: a fragile blood vessel had broken, not able to tolerate the cold (I guess).

Now I am looking pretty monstrous, with a red eye where it should be white. Not a great look, when the eyes are the only part anyone sees of my face when I’m out and about. But underneath the mask, my mouth will be smiling as I meet other people. Will they notice anything but my red eye?

God advised Samuel that although people judge one another by outer appearances, he sees the heart. I pray that when I meet others who may be equally as monstrous-looking as me, I will look beneath the mask and perceive the friendly smile.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment