Popular Posts

Thursday 1 August 2013

Let's Press On



I think I’ve kind of gone to ground these last few days. There’s been a lot going on, and I haven’t had much time to feel inspired, I suppose, to listen to God and hear what he’s saying through the ordinary, mundane things of life.

But this morning I wondered if the lack of inspiration, the apparent silence from God, is something to mention. We all have periods of disconnectedness in relationships, whether they are temporal or spiritual. 

Silence doesn’t always mean disconnectedness of course. There are comfortable silences, when we sit in company with loved ones or friends and don’t say much, just enjoy being together. I’ve been like that with God this week. I’ve been listening to a lot of praise music, soaking in that, and being reassured that in all circumstances God works to good for those who love him. 

God advises us to be still and know that he is God. The word know in the Bible signifies much more than head knowledge. It goes deep, deep to the heart. Yesterday I read some verses in Hosea which almost shout with longing ‘Oh, that we might know the Lord! Let’s press on to know him.’ 

That’s the longing of my heart, to know the Lord better day by day. There are words in a hymn we just sang in church last Sunday, ‘I trace the rainbow through the rain’, and that reminds me of the promises of God which are trustworthy through all circumstances.

I just love God. He is so worth it – so worth my everything. I’m going to just keep sitting/standing/walking in the knowledge that he loves me, too. And you.

Let’s press on to know the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment