Popular Posts

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Wedding Preparations



So, I lay awake through part of the night trying to construct a list of foods for a rehearsal dinner buffet next month. I awoke tired and weary from making apple/bramble crumbles and wondering how to cook a whole salmon. And popped into the shop on the way to my regular blood test to pick up another couple of bottles of prosecco which has been on sale half price for a few weeks now.

Robbie and Emma are in full wedding planning mode (I sincerely hope...). Guests who can come will be looking for accommodation in the area. 

So far I’ve bought two things which might be ok to wear for the wedding, and my sister-in-law is coming round today with a third which she has seen. I’m concerned about keeping warm in the November crispness of a castle, while still looking presentable. Hire a hat? Buy new shoes? Or wear those which are comfy? Not yet sure.

But I aim to have answers to all my questions by the time we pack the car and head off for the wedding. I want to relax and enjoy the celebration.

It’s all about preparation. 

How much we can enjoy and participate in what is coming up often depends on how well we have prepared for it.

Jesus likens heaven to a wedding, with its wedding feast, and tells a story which indicates that what you wear to his wedding feast is important. Of course he’s not talking so much about the clothes we wear as he is about the attitudes of our hearts, which should be shaped by our passion for Jesus and our desire to serve him here on earth before we get to the wedding feast. Our passion to serve him should result in our service to others now, today. 

Be alert, he advises. Notice the signs of the times. Get ready.

I’m just off to read my Bible, to get to know him better.

No comments:

Post a Comment