Popular Posts

Thursday 9 February 2017

Reflections on a Facial



Never mind what my skin looks like (within reason...), the pleasure of being pampered with a facial and head massage because people who love me gave me this oasis as a gift was wonderful. I rushed into the salon having taken a sick cat to the vet first. Since snow was a possibility, I was wearing my usual heavy layers of clothes – vest, two jumpers, gloves, scarf, the lot. To peel that all off in a warm environment, with some sort of meditative music softly playing, was liberating. Then to have the beautician tell me to relax for the next 45 minutes gave me liberty not to make conversation. I could just lie there and receive. 

It may be better to give than to receive, but receiving can be pretty nice, too! A grateful heart, and some rehydrated skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment