Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 July 2017

In God I trust



This morning I just want to give thanks for the NHS and particularly the Banchory surgery. Three times in the last six weeks I have gone in for my regular blood check and shared another problem with the nurse – and all three times I have been fast-tracked to the duty nurse or the duty doctor, or both, and given expert advice and treatment immediately.

I’ve walked out without the anxiety of a bill which would follow in the post, or a claim I would need to make to an insurance company. 

I thank God for the people who work in the NHS in Scotland, and pray that they may be properly paid for their compassion and skill and hard work.

This morning I read Psalm 56, and the commentator chose these verses: When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mere man do to me?

What encouraging words on this dreich Scottish summer’s day. Anxiety can rise when I hear the news, when I think of certain situations or even when I plan fun events. This morning I choose to praise God and trust in him. He has all the details of my life in his loving hands; he’s never abandoned me yet and he’s not going to now.  

In God I trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment