Popular Posts

Thursday 13 July 2017

This is the Way



A few years ago, I was out for a walk through the woods with Don. As the path narrowed, I led the way and at one point turned to see where Don was, while continuing to walk forward. My foot lodged in a rabbit hole, the momentum of my body carried me on and I sprained an ankle. Ouch.

When Peter had his famous encounter with Jesus after the resurrection on the shores of Galilee, he listened to Jesus’ plans for his future and then looked round and asked what John’s future held. He was told it was none of his business and to concentrate on his own life, keeping his eyes on Jesus.

Comparing ourselves to someone else can lead to envy, but it can also cause us to miss our footing on our own path and either get hurt or get lost and end up on a parallel but different path. It takes discipline to continue to look forward but it is foolish to take our eyes off the road in front. 

Whether you walk to the right or the left, you will hear a voice behind you saying ‘This is the way, walk in it.’ (Isaiah 30:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment