Popular Posts

Friday 13 April 2018

Blood is Thicker than Water


They say that blood is thicker than water. Just back from a regular blood test to ensure mine isn’t too thick, which can and has caused problems in the past. So grateful for the NHS.

One of the signs that Jesus was really dead was that the spear thrust into his side, while he still hung on the cross, caused an emission of blood and water which had separated. I understand this is a sign that a body sustains life no longer.

Jesus did die. Yet he lives again: I know that because without his strength sustaining me, there are many situations in my life which would cause me to buckle. He reminds me that he is there, alongside, holding the reins, and all I need do is accept his gifts of life, love, peace and joy, and relish the journey.

The separation of his blood at his death shows that Jesus was, indeed, human like us. The presence of him, by his Spirit, in my daily life shows me that he is, indeed divine. So glad that we are all part of his family. Blood is thicker than water.

No comments:

Post a Comment