Popular Posts

Monday 16 April 2018

Soles or Soul?


Which part of the pilgrimage is going to be more critical – the state of my soul or the state of my soles? Appointment with a podiatrist – that’ll be a first for me and I’m not looking forward to it because I have been blessed with extremely ticklish feet…

I don’t think there is a podiatrist for the soul, who can trim off the callouses which may deafen me to the cries of the weak, cushion the tender spots where previous hurts have made me over-protective and unwilling to be vulnerable, and tidy up any neglected nails of errant belief or arrogant opinion.

I guess that is what a pilgrimage could be all about, if I give God free rein. I sense there could be some pain in this, but it’s sure to be better for me in the long run. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment