Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 April 2018

Stains


I replaced the Christmas table cloth still on Mom’s dining room table with a plain white cloth, popping the red one made years ago by my aunt into the wash. Later that day, setting the table for a light supper, I put a full bottle of red wine onto the table, forgetting that there was an uneven place underneath the cloth. The bottle tipped, glugging red wine onto the cloth, but fortunately I caught it before it splashed onto the beige carpet!

So that table cloth got treated and into the wash. I put on another table cloth, a pretty white and blue one. As Mhairi poured the wine, I reached for a napkin to dab away the drips … too late. A drip of wine spread on the final table cloth, which went into the wash right after dinner.

Stains are always easiest removed when tackled immediately. Those left too long can become ingrained and impossible to wash out.

Of course, the Lord can get our clothes whiter than white. That’s the promise we have from him. I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment