Popular Posts

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Battery Low


Battery low. Recharge.

My laptop lets me know when it needs a boost. Plug it in and in an hour or so it’s good to go again.
My body lets me know when it’s time for bed. I yawn. I fall asleep watching the news. I go to bed and on a good night, waken refreshed a few hours later.

My spirit lets me know when it’s time to linger with the Lord. Anxiety replaces peace. Irritability shoves patience out of the way. Critical thoughts drive out grace. If I’m smart, I head for the prayer window. I’d like to say I always do that. But sometimes I run on empty, full of fear, irritability and judgmental opinions.

This is the day the Lord has made. His love is faithful and steadfast and his grace is all I need. He is waiting for me. He is waiting for you. His unconditional love never runs dry, and is sufficient. With the help of his Holy Spirit, I believe that and linger in his presence.

Times of refreshing are a gift of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment