Popular Posts

Tuesday 7 August 2018

New Directions


For some reason, the Lord took me back to a memory of hemming squares on a sewing machine. When did I last do that? Can’t even remember. But as I lingered, I saw the dexterity required to anchor a sharp corner…the need to position the needle through all thicknesses as I swung the fabric into a new direction.

God sometimes calls us to change direction. The only way to successfully negotiate such a change, is to ensure that the needle … the anchor … our connection with God through Jesus and the Holy Spirit … is firmly in place. Then, once our face is turned in the new direction, we are free to run with him, sometimes at pretty high speeds. Allowing the needle to release any of the fabrics of our lives results in a messy ‘corner’ and perhaps a wonky way forward.

Isaiah quotes God saying, ‘Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”’ He’s always there, guiding us on, if we keep our ears open and our lives embedded in him.

I wonder if he’s preparing me for something? What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment