Popular Posts

Monday 29 October 2018

A Gang of Pheasants


A gang of pheasants hangs around our garden most days. Actually, they don’t hang around; they graze on by as they try to consume enough calories to keep going another day. They eat what they find, as do the hunter-gatherer tribe from Tanzania who we saw on a programme on the telly last week. Pretty precarious life.

On Friday we were feeling sad for our beautiful feathered friends, knowing the local syndicate had a scheduled shoot on Saturday. We thought many were destined to die soon.

However, I was delighted this morning when, as I walked down the drive, a dozen or so of these creatures tiptoed and lurched into the air in front of me. The ones that got away to live another day.
Generally I act as if I were going to walk on this earth forever, enjoying the rainbows and sunsets, the joys and laughter and love, the challenges and new experiences life offers. Today I was reminded that my life is just as precarious as the pheasants and the hunter-gatherers.

Underneath are the everlasting arms. Thanking God tonight for another day on this beautiful earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment