Popular Posts

Wednesday 24 October 2018

A Grinning God


Pulling out a Bible buried underneath other reading material in the prayer window, I discovered Thomas the Tank Engine and a toy caravan, neatly parked away. What is for me a place of quiet contemplation is for my grandkids a place of play and fun.

Jesus was accused by his enemies of being a party guy, eating and drinking with some disreputable characters. He was building the Kingdom of God, though, bringing the joy and light of God into all sorts of places, including those which others thought of as places of reverence and quiet contemplation, or places of disrepute.

When I watch a nature programme and see the wild, glorious diversity in creation – from weird and wonderful creepy crawlies (best seen on a screen) to breath-taking waterfalls and plants – I know that the Creator of such spectacular things rejoices in colour and texture and variety. I am sure that when he sat back on that seventh day and saw that all that he had made was good, he grinned and laughed with pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment